Thursday 5 March 2015

The Music of Erich Zann: page 1 & 2




For my first comic here, I offer my own take on one of H.P. Lovecraft's most celebrated non-Mythos tales (and one of my personal favourites). Some have criticised “ The Music of Erich Zann” for being too vague, but that very vagueness invites you to fill in the tantalising blanks with the spectres of your own imagination. So this will not be “The Music…” as Lovecraft meant it and probably it will not be the story as you read it either. But it is “The Music…” as I read it.
Progress may be a bit slow at first, but I’m hoping to present a new page at least once every two weeks. Also, you might have noticed that I’m not a native English speaker, so if I make any hideous mistakes in the dialogue, please let me know. You have my thanks!
Also, I’d be remiss not to point out that I misquoted the phrase “a street like a fjord” from the magnificent song “Adieu Sweet Bahnhof” by The Nits.

No comments:

Post a Comment